DIY Roasted pumpkin seeds
Turning previous waste into a snack
You’ll never throw these out ever again.
〰️ My draw literally dropped when I attended a cooking class at a yoga retreat and learnt to fry pumpkin seeds. What? All these years I’ve been throwing them away! Once you’ve tried them you know what a waste that is.
Pumpkin seeds are packed full of zinc (said to reduce inflammation and protect collagen), antioxidants (prevents cellular ageing) and omega-3 fatty acids (keep the skin plumped and hydrated).
So unbelievably simple and they taste SO good, plus it makes your dish zero waste - winning.
How to: ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1) Scoop out seeds of pumpkin, don’t worry too much if there’s flesh on them.
2) Put in a frypan on a medium to high heat with coconut oil (or whatever oil you normally use).
3) Keep a very close eye on the frypan stirring them fairly frequently. You will see them puff up or hear a pop when done.
4) Add a good dose of salt and a little pepper
5) Stuff your face with the deliciousness of them.